- Sunday, July 4, 2021
- 9:00 PM
- 1:00 PM - Soft road closures start
- 4:00 PM - Hard road clsures start
- 9:00 PM - Fireworks show starts
- 9:10 PM - Fireworks show ends
- 11:30 PM - Approximate reopening of roads
- Premier viewing locations with synchronized music
- Burton Chace Park - 13650 Mindanao Way (Pre-registered guests only.)
- Fisherman's Village - 13755 Fiji Way
- Views from the water
- The 4th of July is a great time to charter a boat for a harbor cruise. Find information about companies licensed to operate charters in the Marina here. Reserve early! City Cruises by Hornblower will be running a dinner cruise on July 4.
- A special event parking rate of $20 per vehicle for the public County parking lots in Marina del Rey will apply on July 4th. Click here for a map. This holiday attracts several thousand visitors, so parking will be limited, especially in the hour before the fireworks. Parking in restaurant lots and at the Waterside shopping center is allowed only for patrons of those businesses.
- Soft Road Closures
The following streets will be under soft closure starting at 1 PM on July 4th:
- Southbound Strongs Dr at Washington Bl
- Southbound Pacific Av at Washington Bl
- Southbound Via Dolce at Washington Bl
- Westbound Washington Bl at Pacific Av
- Northbound Pacific Av at Convoy St
Only residents, employees working inside the road closed, and other personnel that have business with a resident/company located inside the closed road may be allowed through the soft closure with proper identification. This will be up to the discretion of the traffic official at the closure.
- Dockweiler State Beach
Once parking lots at Dockweiler State Beach are full, traffic on WB Imperial Hwy will be directed to Vista del Mar or northbound on Pershing Dr based on traffic congestion.
- Parking Information
A special event parking rate of $20 per vehicle for the public County parking lots in Marina del Rey will apply on July 4th. Click here for more information on LA County Beach & Marina parking lots.
- Alternate Transportation
On July 4th, the WaterBus will operate from noon until 8 PM. Your wait time may be longer than the usual. PLEASE NOTE: There will be no WaterBus service to/from Burton Chace Park on July 4th.
Get around the Marina by riding Circuit, a FREE electric shuttle, that you can either wave down when you see it or download the RIDE CIRCUIT app on your phone to schedule a pick-up.
The LA County Department of Beaches & Harbors cautions passengers using rideshare services such as Lyft or Uber to expect heavy delays in service time due to heavy traffic and scheduled road closures in Marina del Rey on July 4th.
Lyft and Uber drivers are cautioned not to illegally stop or park to pick-up/drop-off passengers as it poses a safety risk to both parties, as well as other motorists and pedestrians.
- No Stopping Restrictions on Wednesday, July 4th Only
- No stopping from 4:00 pm to 11:30 pm on Culver Bl between Nicholson St and Route 90.
- No stopping from 4:00 pm to 11:30 pm on Jefferson Bl between Lincoln Bl and Culver Bl.
- No stopping from 11:00 am to midnight on Grand Av between Riviera Av and Main St.
- No stopping all day on Admiralty Wy between Bali Wy and Fiji Wy.
- Turn Restrctions When Leaving the Marina
The following traffic information will take effect from 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm:
- Northbound traffic on Via Marina will not be allowed to turn right (EB) onto Admiralty Wy. Traffic will be directed to Washington Bl.
- Northbound traffic on Palawan Wy will not be allowed to turn right (EB) onto Admiralty Wy. Traffic will be directed to Washington Bl.
- Eastbound traffic on Bali Way will not be allowed to turn left (NB) or right (SB) to Admiralty Wy. Traffic will be directed to Lincoln Bl and be allowed to only turn left onto northbound Lincoln Bl.
- Eastbound traffic on Mindanao Wy will be allowed to make a left-turn (NB) onto Admiralty Wy, then turn right (EB) onto Bali Wy, and to turn left (NB) onto Lincoln Bl.
- Eastbound traffic on Fiji Wy will not be allowed to turn left onto Admiralty Wy. Traffic will only be allowed to turn right (SB) onto Lincoln Bl.
- Westbound traffic on Venice Bl will not be allowed at Pacific Av.
- Northbound and southbound traffic on Lincoln Bl will not be allowed to turn onto westbound Venice Bl.