- Tuesday, July 4, 2023
- 9:00 PM
- 1:00 PM - Soft road closures start
- 4:00 PM - Hard road clsures start
- 9:00 PM - Fireworks show starts
- 9:20 PM - Fireworks show ends
- 11:30 PM - Approximate reopening of roads
- Premier viewing locations with synchronized music
- Burton Chace Park - 13650 Mindanao Way (Pre-registered guests only.)
- Fisherman's Village - 13755 Fiji Way
- Views from the water
- City Cruises will offer special July 4 cruises. Reserve ASAP at City Cruises website. Alternatively, you can charter a private yacht to get the ultimate close-up view. Click here to find information about companies properly licensed to operate charters in the Marina here.
- A special event parking rate of $11-$20 per vehicle for the public County parking lots in Marina del Rey will apply on July 4th. Click here for more information. This holiday attracts several thousand visitors, so parking will be limited, especially in the hour before the fireworks. Parking in restaurant lots and at the Waterside shopping center is allowed only for patrons of those businesses.
- Soft Road Closures
The following streets will be under soft closure starting at 1 PM on July 4th:
- Southbound Strongs Dr at Washington Bl
- Southbound Pacific Av at Washington Bl
- Southbound Via Dolce at Washington Bl
- Westbound Washington Bl at Pacific Av
- Northbound Pacific Av at Convoy St
Only residents, employees working inside the road closed, and other personnel that have business with a resident/company located inside the closed road may be allowed through the soft closure with proper identification. This will be up to the discretion of the traffic official at the closure.
- Dockweiler State Beach
Once parking lots at Dockweiler State Beach are full, traffic on WB Imperial Hwy will be directed to Vista del Mar or northbound on Pershing Dr based on traffic congestion.
- Parking Information
Public parking lots are available throughout the Marina. Rates range between $11 - $20.
Pay with cash for faster entrance. Expect delays, especially with credit card payments.
- Alternate Transportation
The Marina del Rey WaterBus will cruise through the Marina 12:00 pm – 11:00 pm offering the opportunity to shop, dine, and recreate. Bikes and strollers are welcome aboard. Fare is $1 per person, one way.
The Free Beach Shuttle service operating 10:00 am – 8:00 pm will provide transportation to major points of interest such as Fisherman’s Village, Waterside Shopping Center, Marina “Mother’s” Beach, and the Venice Beach Pier.
Circuit shuttles offer on-demand transportation around the Marina 12:30 pm – 9:00 pm. Cost is $3 per person ($9 max) for up to five passengers. Download the Ride Circuit app (iOS or Android) to schedule a pick-up. Allow 10-15 minutes for pick-up. However, wait time could be a bit longer on July 4th.
The Marvin Braude Coastal Bike Trail is a 22-mile paved bicycle path that runs along the Los Angeles County coastline, from Will Rogers State Beach in Pacific Palisades to Torrance County Beach in Torrance. The bike trail runs through Marina del Rey from Dockweiler State Beach to Washington Boulevard near Venice Beach. NOTE: A stretch of the Marvin Braude Coastal Bike Trail — from the UCLA Marina Aquatics Center to the southside of the La Ballona Bridge — will be closed 8:30 pm – 10:30 pm.
The LA County Department of Beaches & Harbors cautions passengers using rideshare services such as Lyft or Uber to expect heavy delays in service time due to heavy traffic and scheduled road closures in Marina del Rey on July 4th.
Lyft and Uber drivers are cautioned not to illegally stop or park to pick-up/drop-off passengers as it poses a safety risk to both parties, as well as other motorists and pedestrians. Due to street closures, the pick-up/drop-off of passengers may need to occur beyond the Marina’s immediate boundaries.
- No Stopping Restrictions on Tuesday, July 4th Only
- No stopping from 4:00 pm to 11:30 pm on Culver Bl between Nicholson St and Route 90.
- No stopping from 4:00 pm to 11:30 pm on Jefferson Bl between Lincoln Bl and Culver Bl.
- No stopping from 11:00 am to midnight on Grand Av between Riviera Av and Main St.
- No stopping all day on Admiralty Wy between Bali Wy and Fiji Wy.
- Turn Restrctions When Leaving the Marina
The following traffic information will take effect from 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm:
- Northbound (NB) traffic on Via Marina will not be allowed to turn right (EB) onto Admiralty Wy. Traffic will be directed to Washington Bl.
- Northbound (NB) traffic on Palawan Wy will not be allowed to turn right (EB) onto Admiralty Wy. Traffic will be directed to Washington Bl.
- Eastbound (EB) traffic on Bali Way will not be allowed to turn left (NB) or right (SB) to Admiralty Wy. Traffic will be directed to Lincoln Bl and be allowed to only turn left onto northbound (NB) Lincoln Bl.
- Eastbound (EB) traffic on Mindanao Wy will be allowed to make a left-turn (NB) onto Admiralty Wy, then turn right (EB) onto Bali Wy, and to turn left northbound (NB) onto Lincoln Bl.
- Eastbound (EB) traffic on Fiji Wy will not be allowed to turn left onto Admiralty Wy. Traffic will only be allowed to turn right (SB) onto Lincoln Bl.
- Southbound (SB) traffic on Via Marina toward Bora Bora Way will not be allowed. Traffic heading in this direction will be required to make a U-turn at Northwest Passage (north of Via Dolce).
- Westbound traffic on Venice Bl will not be allowed at Pacific Av.
- Northbound and southbound traffic on Lincoln Bl will not be allowed to turn onto westbound Venice Bl.