- Thursday, July 4, 2019
- 9:00 PM
- 1:00 PM - Soft road closures start
- 4:00 PM - Hard road clsures start
- 9:00 PM - Fireworks show starts
- 9:20 PM - Fireworks show ends
- 11:30 PM - Approximate reopening of roads
- Premier viewing locations with synchronized music
- Burton's Park - 13650 Mindanao Way
- Fisherman's Village - 13755 Fiji Way
- Views from the water
- The 4th of July is a great time to charter a boat for a harbor cruise. Find information about companies licensed to operate charters in the Marina here. Reserve early! Hornblower Cruises will be running a dining cruise and two fireworks observation cruises on July 4.
- Los Angeles County Parking lots charge $7-$15. Click here for a map. This holiday attracts several thousand visitors, so parking will be limited, especially in the hour before the fireworks. Parking in restaurant lots and at the Waterside shopping center is allowed only for patrons of those businesses. See “Need a Ride” section below for tips on transportation from lots to the main viewing spots.
- Soft Road Closures
The following streets will be under soft closure starting at 1 PM on July 4th:
- Southbound Strongs Dr at Washington Bl
- Southbound Pacific Av at Washington Bl
- Southbound Via Dolce at Washington Bl
- Westbound Washington Bl at Pacific Av
- Northbound Pacific Av at Convoy St
Only residents, employees working inside the road closed, and other personnel that have business with a resident/company located inside the closed road may be allowed through the soft closure with proper identification. This will be up to the discretion of the traffic official at the closure.
- Dockweiler State Beach
Once parking lots at Dockweiler State Beach are full, traffic on WB Imperial Hwy will be directed to Vista del Mar or northbound on Pershing Dr based on traffic congestion.
- Parking Information
Public parking lots are available throughout the Marina. Rates range from $7 - $15. Click here for more information on LA County Beach & Marina parking lots.
- Alternate Transportation
The Marina del Rey WaterBus (pdf) will cruise through the Marina from 11:00 am to midnight offering the opportunity to shop, dine, and recreate. Bikes and strollers are welcome to board. For on-call pickup at designated stops throughout the Marina, please call (310) 628-3219. Fare is $1.00 per person, one way.
The Free Beach Shuttle (pdf) service operating from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm will provide transportation to major points of interest such as Fisherman’s Village, Waterside Shopping Center, Marina “Mother’s” Beach, and the Venice Beach Pier. For more information, please contact the Marina del Rey Visitor’s Center at (424) 526-7900
The Free Ride provides free, on-demand transportation around the Marina daily from noon to 9 p.m., and they’ll run a bit longer on July 4th. For more information, please contact the Marina del Rey Visitor’s Center at (424) 526-7900
The LA County Department of Beaches & Harbors cautions passengers using rideshare services such as Lyft or Uber to expect heavy delays in service time due to heavy traffic and scheduled road closures in Marina del Rey on July 4th.
Lyft and Uber drivers are cautioned not to illegally stop or park to pick-up/drop-off passengers as it poses a safety risk to both parties, as well as other motorists and pedestrians.
- No Stopping Restrictions on Wednesday, July 4th Only
- No stopping from 4:00 pm to 11:30 pm on Culver Bl between Nicholson St and Route 90.
- No stopping from 4:00 pm to 11:30 pm on Jefferson Bl between Lincoln Bl and Culver Bl.
- No stopping from 11:00 am to midnight on Grand Av between Riviera Av and Main St.
- No stopping all day on Admiralty Wy between Bali Wy and Fiji Wy.
- Turn Restrctions When Leaving the Marina
The following traffic information will take effect from 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm:
- Northbound traffic on Via Marina will not be allowed to turn right (EB) onto Admiralty Wy. Traffic will be directed to Washington Bl.
- Northbound traffic on Palawan Wy will not be allowed to turn right (EB) onto Admiralty Wy. Traffic will be directed to Washington Bl.
- Eastbound traffic on Bali Way will not be allowed to turn left (NB) or right (SB) to Admiralty Wy. Traffic will be directed to Lincoln Bl and be allowed to only turn left onto northbound Lincoln Bl.
- Eastbound traffic on Mindanao Wy will be allowed to make a left-turn (NB) onto Admiralty Wy, then turn right (EB) onto Bali Wy, and to turn left (NB) onto Lincoln Bl.
- Eastbound traffic on Fiji Wy will not be allowed to turn left onto Admiralty Wy. Traffic will only be allowed to turn right (SB) onto Lincoln Bl.
- Southbound traffic on Via Marina toward Bora Bora will not be allowed. Traffic heading in this direction will be required to make a U-Turn at Northwest Passage (just north of Via Dolce).
- Southbound traffic on Pacific Av will not be allowed at Venice Bl.
- Westbound traffic on Panay Wy will not be allowed to turn left (SB) to Via Marina.